The tuition fee for the a.pass programs is fixed at 1.200,00 EUR.
250,00 EUR should be paid within the first four weeks after the start of the program. The remaining 950,00 EUR of the enrollment fee should be paid before the end of your first block.
Your application has to be handed it by midnight of the deadline date! Please use the application form on this page (green ‘apply’ button) or a large file delivery can be sent by post to:a.pass – applicationsDelaunoystraat 58-64, B171080 Brussels (Molenbeek) / Belgium
Applicants will receive confirmation of their application upon receipt of their proposals.
Candidates may be asked to give more information or to specify certain elements of their research proposals. To this purpose they may be invited for an interview.
To apply for the Post-Master Program you are required to send us an artistic research proposal. Your application is meant to give us a clear insight in what you aim to achieve in your 12-month working period and the relevance of your proposal in a collective research environment.
An application dossier should consist of:
- research proposal
- portfolio (relevant works in relation to the research proposal)
- diploma (if possible)
Please upload your dossier as pdf via the online form.
Candidates should be holder of a master’s diploma (artistic or theoretical) and deliver a copy of this upon registration (or should be considered equivalent through practice-based experience by the study coordinator.
Entering the post-master program
Every block (in January, May and September) new participants join the program. This system allows the researchers to exchange experience during the different phases of their research processes and brings about a constant flow of new perspectives and ideas.
a.pass is intensive program relying on the researchers presence and contributions, nevertheless it’s possible to combine the program with some external projects in dialogue with the study coordinator and program curators.
Artistic creation beyond a.pass can be integrated into the individual program: participants can work on their own creations during their studies at a.pass, in so far as these creations are part of the participant’s research project.
a.pass accepts proposals 3 times per year: February, June, October (application deadlines are always 6 -7 month before a possible start).
The selection will be made based on the following criteria:
- the added (research) value of the proposal for the researcher’s trajectory
- the problematization of content and methodologies that underline the practice
- the potential of the proposal to develop experimental and critical forms of performance and production of space
- the possible contribution of the proposal to the a.pass collective research environment
- the potential relation of the proposal to the current international development of artistic research
Content of the Research Proposal
- A text describing your proposal including the definition of your research question, a sequential outline of your methodological approaches and an insight on your choice of media/discipline
- The potential of your proposal as a contribution for knowledge processing through experimental forms of performance and/or production of space
- A proposal on the modes of share-ability of your research within the a.pass environment and to a wider public (which formats you would like to explore to document, archive and communicate your research)
- A portfolio / dossier illustrating your past projects : excerpts of videos, films, photos, texts, reviews, drawings, paintings, etc.
- A recent curriculum vitae including information on your master diploma (master in what, where obtained, date of issue) or on the highest diploma you obtained and your professional experience.