After concluding the postgraduate program the participant will receive the title of Laureate of the higher institute for fine arts Posthogeschool voor Podiumkunsten (the program equals 60 credits).
The tuition fee for the a.pass programs is fixed at 1.200,00 EUR.
250,00 EUR should be paid within the first four weeks after the start of the program. The remaining 950,00 EUR of the enrollment fee should be paid before the end of your first block.
Your application has to be handed it by midnight of the deadline date! Please use the application form on this page (green ‘apply’ button) or a large file delivery can be sent by post to:a.pass – applicationsDelaunoystraat 58-64, B171080 Brussels (Molenbeek) / Belgium
Applicants will receive confirmation of their application upon receipt of their proposals.
Candidates may be asked to give more information or to specify certain elements of their research proposals. To this purpose they may be invited for an interview.
To apply for the position of a researcher at the post-graduate program you are asked to submit an artistic research proposal. Your application should provide a clear insight in what you aim to achieve in the one-year working period at a.pass and the relevance of your proposal in a collective research environment.
The application dossier should include:
-your research proposal, including your larger research trajectory, the specific project or part of it you would like to engage in at a.pass, possible public formats of presentation, possible interactions with the a.pass the post-graduate and the kind of support that these proposals would need at a.pass.
-Portfolio (relevant works in relation to the research proposal)
-Diploma or equivalent proof of a master-level qualification.
Candidates should be holders of a master’s diploma (artistic or theoretical) and deliver a copy of it upon registration. In certain cases application without a master’s diploma can be considered, if the practice-based experience of the applicant is equivalent to the masters level.
Please upload your dossier as a PDF file via the online form.
Entering the post-graduate program
Every block (in January, May and September) new researchers join the program. This system allows the researchers to exchange experience during the different phases of their research processes and brings about a constant flow of new perspectives and ideas.
The a.pass program is a one-year program consisting of three blocks of four months. The first three months of each block take place within the organized collective research environment. The fourth month of each block is open for the individual development of the research project.
A.pass is an intensive program relying on the researchers presence and contributions, nevertheless it is possible to combine the program with some external projects. The participation of the researcher in the block is planned in dialogue with the coordinator and the program curator.
Artistic creation ourside of a.pass research can be integrated into the individual research trajectory: participants can work on their own creations during their studies at a.pass, insofar as these creations are part of the participant’s research project.
Unfortunately we no longer have applications. Both programs: the Postgraduate as well as Research Center have come to an end due to the decision of the ministry of education to stop financing a.pass. At the moment we look into new plans for the future. More news soon on our website.
The selection of research proposals will be made based on the following criteria:
- value of the proposal for the researcher’s trajectory
- problematisation of content and methodologies that underline the practice
- development of experimental and critical forms of performance and spatial practice
- contribution to the a.pass collective research environment
- relation to the current international development of artistic research
Content of the Research Proposal
- A description of your project, including a research plan addressing the central question and a proposed research trajectory and methodology. Please address the potential of your research to contribute to experimental performative or spatial modes of knowledge production.
- Proposal(s) on the modes of communication and sharing of your research within the a.pass environment and to a wider public (which formats would you like to explore to communicate, document and archive your research?)
- A portfolio of your past projects : excerpts from videos, films, photos, texts, reviews, drawings, paintings, etc.
- A curriculum vitae including information on your master’s diploma (or the highest diploma you obtained) and your professional experience.