what does a.pass do?
end presentation, project
On Friday 1 and Saturday 2 February 2019, from 18:00 to 22:00 Adrijana Gvozdenović, Pia Louwerens and Eleanor Ivory Weber present their artistic researches at the former swingers club, La Porte des Senses, today an art space called Hectolitre, to mark the end of their participation in the a.pass program.
With Subtracted Seduction, their individual researches are framed through shared concepts such as anxiety, non-consensual collaboration, authorship and institutional critique. In each of the three approaches, narratives created through these symptoms of the contemporary artist are investigated. The romantic artist is negated and the multi-faceted artist materialises as both instigator and instigated, made up of multiple voices. The three researchers engage with the complexity of being both unnameable and contained in the knowledge-network immanent to the institution. There appears Subtracted Seduction.Read more..
The PhD program is organized on a tailor-made basis with each individual researcher. The program is organized within the a.pass research center, that facilitates the research of the research coordinator, the associate researchers, and the independent researchers (see below), but also communicates closely with the post-master program. Concretely this means that a PhD researcher applies to develop (part of) her trajectory within the a.pass environment. This can happen in the pre-PhD phase, or at any time during the PhD trajectory. Since a.pass can only support PhD trajectories, but not grant or evaluate the PhD certificate, the researcher has to find, or be already associated with a university and a university supervisor. When starting a PhD project in a.pass, the researcher and the research coordinator together make up a work contract that stipulates the temporal structure (how long will the researcher be working in a.pass? how many times does she plan to come back?), the foreseen research steps that will be developed within the a.pass environment and the public outcome of the research within that period of time.Read more..
the oficial 3rd block
"les belles infidèles"
Block curated by Nicolas Galleazzi called here the link
I didn´t prepare this presentation, I was exhauted. The day of my presentation I did the interview for the Pdh. The jury made me a very good question: “which Translation theory are you busy with?”
I started to look into that.
In parallel, I was convinced about continue working on transtalion, but I asked myself: what I am producing with translation? Another “system”? What is doing the repetition of ballet history telling? And the genealogy of reggaeton?
The 13th I had a mentoring session with one of the person who changed my life/practise. The same person which whom I realised that translation were more important for me than just something temporary. She transforms me.
The 13 th May 2019 emerged TRT Transversal Research Training
Half Way Days
A first essay focus on methodology.
Transoceanic reading –> the aim of this practise question how do we access to reality, how do we inform each other.
Is looking for transunderstanding of transrelationships.
The exercise –> (by two) : read at news from your context // share it // try to find relationship (or imagine it)
Unlearning Center // Friburg
-1- Practising change of roles (I use to be a “follower”) and here I am guiding Nicolas.
-2- Training TRT
Two dance courses focus on these pairs: touch and be touched // look at and being looked // resist and rest
-3- The adoptee –> How can the one being seen influence how to be seen?
In parallel, I was living in a.pass, practising, repeating, enjoying apass time,
End presentation – PAF (in the church)
Here you can find excerpt of the script
Diego, querés cebar mate?)
- Comme dans toute relation sexuelle
- apass changed me. apass modifies me, apass transform me (I am reapiting this from my second block).
- TRANSVERSAL RESEARCH TRAINING is a device that serves to conceive my artistic practice. It is an umbrella with transversal tools.
- Transversal à is busy with issues that go through or cross different practices.
- The transversal things are linked to problematize power structures, conditions of production (entertainment, shift north-south), questioning authorship, problematizing the way of relate to reality. Those concepts intersect in the training.
- Training à is looking at endurance process engaging art/life. As any training, is linked to a way of face knowledge in process education. As any training, is looking for preparing and contextualizing practice focus on elasticity, concentration, balance and coordination of different task.
- Research à this word is so full of meaning. It seems like the word “research” gives to the frame of “Artistic Research” another status. More powerful, more legitimated, as the word “art” wasn´t enough or wasn’t already legitimated. So, that´s why TRT is also busy with the critic of the device called Artistic Research. I am here in front of a paradox: I am engaging with TRT as a device to do Artistic Research that is also criticizing the device of Artistic Research. Esto acarrea un gran peligro, this brings me to another problem, that I will address later.
- Inspired by migration for privileges, TRT is a fiction in which I believe. And that is why we are in a church, because religions are fictions in which we believe. Somehow, TRT is my religion and it preaches confrontation between high and low culture thought translation.
- Transdocument This methodology is based on transactivity practise: t
- perstructure and infrastructure – Just in order to simplify this, let´s imagine that infrastructure is the base of a house and superstructure is the roof. I am using now the same schema that we use to study Marxism. Projection: infrastructure and structure (…) And transtructure in Marxist terms. All of us are aware of difference between superstructure and infrastructure? Ok sorry Marx I don´t want to simplify you. Su
- But how did I arrive to this? So for the ones who don´t know too much what I did, I prepare this resume that summarizes all the key words or the important things and concept which I was busy with. – La gran pregunta es: qué persiste? Trough those key words we can see some persistence –> Presentation of
- Feel the magnetism. You, symptom of artist going to legitimation in academia. I am so busy with you. I am so in love with you. I love you x4. Why? Because you gives us power. And power is so fantastic. Power makes thinks beauty. And beauty leads violence. And all of you, artistic research, you are so incredible amazing. ou (-………………………..) white and pretentious, wealthy middle class, coffee adict, MAC consumer, residences dependient, travelling all the time in the same little continent. This is for you, even tough is incomplete, bastard, super cheap. Because I think you need perreo: enterteiment mamita. Si necesitas reggaeton dale, sigue bailando mami no pares, acercate a mi pantalón dale, vamos a pegarnos como animales. Muevete a mi ritmo siente el magnetism.
- YOU. Slippery, elitist, contradictory, indefinable. Why I am so addict to you? / You are afraid to travel because it contaminates. You are creating phd and a lot of position for what? You have the challenge of modify academia and what are you doing for that? Nothing, you are doing nothing. You are reproducing the same patriarchal standard of virility. Orden y progreso. Order insubordination submission. subject object subject object subject object subject object Everything is dark now – Everything is dark now – its blank its blank -You can comment This is the think – Responder sexy body Sexy body RESPONDER x 2 – This is from another old good song.
- ortgasmic research
- Temps de flèche
- Affects of TRT –> (……………………………………….) Feed back is coming / G
A FEED-BACK “emu”, conmovido, casi sin palabras.
End communication note:
I choose to re-used the performance that I did at Kanal. That ´s why the presentation is called:
“Pa-küru: 47 minutes of a bastard cheap lecture performance”.
Block by block [chronological process]
Chronological process –> How evident and evidence things transforms the project and the researcherRead more..
filter –> body practise
Filtration is the process of separating, grouping, identifying things from thingsRead more..
filter –> TRT
(Transversal Research Training) Caterina Mora
The 13th May 2019 emerged TRT –> how did I arrive to it?
(in the dynamics of going through)Read more..
The Research Centre aims to support researchers on a pre(PhD) level to become emancipated independent researchers in the fields of performance and scenography, or beyond.
We support our researchers to think and work ‘out of the box’, or forget about the box altogether, and to become innovative practitioners and thinkers, that develop their work out of a (self-)critical ability to assess and relate their urgencies to a wider environment (the artistic and educational sector, society, the world). We encourage our researchers to think beyond the current value definitions of knowledge and to reappraise their own practices as precious contributions to society. We help our researchers to connect to the world, by supporting them to network, collaborate with external partners, and communicate their work to an outside audience of artists, public and professionals.Read more..
PhD – organization
The Research Centre which is hosting (pre)PhD level researchers is organized on a tailor-made basis with each individual researcher. The program is organized within the a.pass research center, that facilitates the research of the research curator, the associate researchers, and the independent researchers (see below), but also communicates closely with the post-master program. Concretely this means that a PhD researcher applies to develop (part of) her trajectory within the a.pass environment. This can happen in the pre-PhD phase, or at any time during the PhD trajectory. Since a.pass can only support PhD trajectories, but not grant or evaluate the PhD certificate, the researcher has to find, or be already associated with a university and a university supervisor. When starting a PhD project in a.pass, the researcher and the research curator together make up a work contract that stipulates the temporal structure (how long will the researcher be working in a.pass? how many times does she plan to come back?), the foreseen research steps that will be developed within the a.pass environment and the public outcome of the research within that period of time.
This contract then will be signed by the researcher, the a.pass research coordinator, the supervisor at the university, and the head of the department of the university.
what do we do?The a.pass research center works on different levels. On a first level the centre brings together long-time researchers in a context of collaboration and sharing. On this level currently we have in the research center three kinds of workers: the PhD researchers, the associate researcher, the research coordinator and the independent researchers.